Kia Niro Crossover: 23,000 Orders Placed In Europe
It’s still very early in the game, but it’s already looking as though Kia may have a hit on their hands with the Niro, a low-emissions hybrid crossover. The vehicle was launched in Europe midway through the year, and it has already had over 23,000 orders placed. If that pace continues, this could prove to be a runaway success for Kia Motors Corp. Of the orders places, Kia has been able to deliver a total of 5,815 units to their customers.
The remaining units are all scheduled to be delivered before the end of the year, all of which will be in Europe. Now that we know all the orders and sales numbers, let’s take a closer look at how it all breaks down. Private buyers have accounted for 46% of the units that have been delivered so far, with the other 54% going to businesses and fleet buyers. That is a little different than the numbers that Kia usually post in Europe, which sees 43% of the vehicles sold go to fleet buyers, with the remaining 57% going to private buyers. Kia were looking to make some inroads into the fleet market with the Niro, so they must be pleased with what is happening so far.
The Niro is a low emission, affordable vehicle that also happens to look great, which is sure to be a big hit with many businesses who may have no previous experience with the Kia brand. The Niro is set to arrive in the US sooner rather than layer, and we will be sure to keep you up to date with the numbers as they happen.